2013 SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA:
The Big Lake Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee will select the finalist to be awarded funds based on the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a student from Houston High School or a Homeschool student living in the Houston High School zoning district.
- Enrollment in an accredited Alaska post secondary institution.
- Completion of the student application and narrative as required.
- High School cumulative GPA as verified by official transcript.
- The completed Scholarship packet must be received no later than MAY 5, 2013
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
Send Nomination Packet to:
Big Lake Chamber of Commerce
P O Box 520067
Big Lake, AK 99652
Announcement of Winner:
The school Principal/designee will be notified by May 11, 2013. The Principal will determine when announcement is made to scholarship winner, parents and community.
The amount of the scholarship award will be determined based on the proceeds from the Big Lake Ice Classic. Funds will be awarded to the selected student as long as the student meets the eligibility requirements.
- No scholarship funding will be sent to the students post secondary institution unless the Big Lake Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee has received all required forms.
- The scholarship check will be sent to the post secondary institution only when all paperwork has been submitted and the Big Lake Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee has verified eligibility.
All communication will go directly to the Big Lake Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee. If a student does not meet the criteria after the initial selection, the scholarship will go to an alternate. Any questions should be addressed directly to the Big Lake Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee.
We look forward to working with you and are here to assist you in any way.
Phone: 892-6109 Fax 892-6120
The 2012 Scholarship Awardee: Heather Hanes!!!